Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Placement Prints!

Slightly out of order, this was the very first print we made on our table!

Pics aren't that great, taken on my phone camera

After gearing up to do our first run on Saturday morning (when we initially thought the first screens would be ready), we felt a bit lost when they were delayed until Monday... so we decided to go a bit old school and do a placement print with the A3 screen Lara had from her screenprinting days!

So, Saturday night we spent at the studio and I quickly hand drew and then cut this stencil, then we had about an hour on Sunday lunchtime to do a super fast placement print!

9 comments:

Heids said...

LOVE that pattern - WOW you are so talented to just create like that! I think that being the very first print it is a collectors item...how much did you print, I want some!!!

Hoping you girls will let me come visit when I am in Melb in December.

Jacqueline said...

LOVE IT! Does this mean it is soon for sale??

Di said...

I think that it looks lovely! The blue is just perfect!

Teegs said...

Oh wow thanks guys, what a response - I was actually just going to use the fabric to mock up some of my patterns, nothing special or exciting really!
Lara's Acacia (wattle) print was the first proper 'run' so that's really the collectors item, we were just mucking around with mine!
However I will be doing a run of that print maybe next week, so let me know how much you want and I'll make sure to print enough! :)

Heids said...

Teegs I would love 2 metres - I reckon I will make something for both my Miss Grace and also for myself.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Gorgeous. I've just bookmarked your blog so I can follow along. Found you through True Up.

Anonymous said...

So pretty, I can't wait to see some more prints!

For this print, I'm guessing you used a smaller screen and printed here & there at different angles? When you are moving it around, do you have to worry about the screen overlapping an area that hasn't dried yet?

Camilla said...

Very exciting! Congrats on your hard work - thus far!

Jacqueline said...

well yes a couple of meters would be might fine thanks!