Thursday, August 27, 2009

We're Back!

Yay for Sydney!

Stitches Sydney - our stand
Here's Lara in her new t-shirt from Surface Art - oh and our stall of course!

It was so great to see all our ol' travellin' Craft Carny mates (tell you what, we are definitely feeling the travel this week) and to meet a whole bunch of new ones! There seemed to be at least double the amount of Indies as there were at Brissy - win. We loved it.

The best bit was, for the first time, we managed to actually go shopping amongst our wonderful neighbours stalls! I have in my hot little hands some of K Diddy's fabric to make a funky lil shirt, plus an awesome hat pattern from Nikki (hat = scary!!) - btw, have a look at her post, lots of pics - two cute baby t's from Juicy Roo (ginger's unite!), t-shirts from Surface Art, hand-printed tights from Body Parts, and the list goes on and on...

Anyhoo I'm not going to write a big long post this time, Lara's writing all about the show over at Kirin so I'm just going to link to her last two posts: here & here. Go, read, be merry

Ok, there is a backlog of emails to respond to and fabric that is desperate need of printing.

Adios!

5 comments:

yardage girl said...

Glad to have you back in Melbourne! Lovely to meet you on Sunday - I really love your fabrics! Hope to see you at the next open studio. Nicole

Karen L R said...

Love to follow you girls from the other side of the planet! Your stuff is just wonderful.

Trish Goodfield said...

I bought one of Surface Art's T-shirts. I'm going to add a little hand sticthing. Not that it needs it, just cause I can.

Nikki said...

Great to have you back in Melbourne town... I just picked up my freight from the show yesterday (!!) and will be digging through boxes to find that fab I&S fabric. I have PLANS... oh, yes....

roisin said...

I wish that we had a show like this here in Canada, all of that truly handmade goodness!